Graser Erfolg

• Hello!

I am quite sure that you mean 'Gräsers Erfolg'. Just because you write a name in a different language the name still has to stay the same as it is!

'Gräsers Erfolg' x SB means that it is a crossing between 'Gräsers Erfolg' as mother and unknown pollon from nature. As far as I know 'Gräsers Erfolg' does not make a fruit when you seperate the plant in a safe place.

I have tried a few times to pollon 'Gräsers Erfolg' with 'Gräsers Erfolg' and it did not bring a fruit.

Bye,

Walter

• Zico1976!

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Graser Sucess“ zu „Graser Erfolg“ geändert.
  • SB is an abbreviation of the German Selbstbestäubung = self pollination

WB is the abbreviation for Wildbestäubung = wild pollination (like by bees or so)

From what I understand Gräsers Erfolg x Gräsers Erfolg = Gräsers Erfolg x SB

But if self pollination doesn't work with Gräsers Erfolg then I guess it won't make any difference trying this with a separate plant with the identical DNA - I would still give it a try.... sometimes unexpected things can happen.

• Hello!

I do have a Trichocereus huascha in my collection from Golling and when I got it the owner sayd that it is not possible to cross with it as a mother because it allways brings a fruit.

Plants like these are called selbstvertil in German.

My translator says in English it is called self-serving.

In the next year I have seperated the plant bevore the first flower opened and it was not possible that pollon from other plants reached it. It has made a fruit.

Next time I have cut the flower bevore it opened and it also made a fruit.

To stay by the topic: I am in contact with the owner of the Gräsers Erfolg x SB and I will inform you in the next days what I could find out about it.

Bye,

Walter

• Hello!

For all who have access to the Hybridenjournal you can read all informations from the breeder of the hybrid Gräsers Erfolg x SB in the HJ 2/2007.

In short: The breeder has rised the plant from seed with the only information that the mother was Gräsers Erfolg. Because of its flower the plant was multiplied during the jears with the original label Gräsers Erfolg x SB.

Bye,

Walter

• quindi la dicitura giusta is WB?

• Wie ich es verstehe ist die Bezeichnung Gräsers Erfolg x SB aufgrund der offensichtlichen Selbststerilität von Gräsers Erfolg wahrscheinlich eigentlich falsch und es müsste Gräsers Erfolg x WB heißen. Allerdings hat es sich als Sortenname inzwischen etabliert und 100% auszuschließen ist die Selbstbestäubung wohl auch nicht.

Passt aber in die Tradition dieser Sorte mit einer eigentlich unwahrscheinlichen Entstehungsgeschichte.

Selbstbestäubung ist übrigens nicht das gleiche wie Klonen, da es hier zu einer Rekombination der (eigenen) Gene kommt. Beim Klonen dagegen natürlich nicht.

• Hallo zusammen,

Ich würde das Thema gerne noch einmal ansprechen, denn die unten zitierte Zeitung, die HJ 2/2007, besitze ich tatsächlich nicht. Leider wurde es nicht gescannt. Könnte jemand den Artikel mit mir teilen? Das wäre toll :)

Ich denke, dass es für einen Züchter wichtig ist, die Herkunft und Besonderheiten seiner Pflanzen für seine zukünftigen Kreuzungen zu kennen.

Vielen Dank !

• Mit Akzeptanz der DKG Bedingungen für eine AG mußte zwangsläufig die für dich sperrige Bezeichnung IG-E-HYB eingezogen werden.

Das geschah meines Wissens April/Mai 1994.

Die EHR vor 1993 sind bei mir nicht mehr vorhanden. Auch habe ich an diese Zeit vorher große Erinnerungslücken.

Haften geblieben ist mir der Besuch von Prof G. Gröner in meiner Studentenbude in Mainz-Bretzenheim, geschickt von G. Kilian, dem Herausgeber der Stachelpost.

Vor 1993 hatte Prof Gröner Ringbriefe in eigener Regie betrieben, die ihm aber mit der Zeit zu zeitaufwendig wurden als Solomanager.