tissue culture

• Interesting topic but probably nobody with experiences around her.

I planned to start the same project. My idea was to increase the probability of mutations during the process of propagation. Due to huge changes in my private environment :cwm69: the project is on hold.

Two links may be interesting for you:

https://www.kakteenforum.com/t…kakteen-im-eigenen-keller

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02822777?

Bernhard

I want to build a tissue culture room。
    Please tell me if anyone knows it.
    What is the amount and proportion of medium and hormone content of Echinopsis hybrid and Trichocereus hybrid?:)

• I have a couple books on the subject, and some very basic experience with it. Unfortunately, I felt like it´s really complicated to get all the chemicals needed, so I didn´t really follow through with doing it seriously. A few friends of mine do it as part of their job and sometimes post some stuff on Facebook. It´s very interesting and if you have access to all the chemicals needed for the medium, it would be awesome for propagating rare hybrids like the ones we have here. I am sure it´s no problem to get all the content, but it´s all a question of money and when I was looking around I felt it was really expensive and it probably takes a while to find a few good bulk supplier. There are hundreds of recipes for the growth mediums, so I´d say just pick one and experiment with it. Let me know if you ever find a good source for all the stuff needed that doesn´t cause problems when importing. With your location, you might get quite a lot of the chemicals for a good price on Alibaba. If you manage to get something going I´d love to see more about it. If it can be done properly, it´s perfect for mass propagation.

• Tissue culture of cacti is a really difficult thing to run over a longer period. You may have success establishing the chosen variety into sterile conditions and start to propagate it but due to some subcultivation it will start producing more and more watery tissue(hyperhydricity). And that finished all my activities every time I tried growing cacti in tissue culture.
    (With other succulent plants TC is much easier and the descriptions, medium and methods are much clearer)