Red "jusbertii" flower

• very spectaculair! I never see a colourfull flower on jusbertii, and all peoples say, its no possible to cross jusbertii + other cactis- all plants are typical, white flowering jusbertii.... Your unique plant are very, very important to start a complete new genus of hybrid

Avatarbild zeigt die "geilste" Selektion aus der Kreuzung L.ferox x pampana bei den Hofers die "Feuergöttin Chensit" :cwm69: (Bild stammt von Manfred aus Dessau)

• Hi,

thanks for showing this plant. I fully agree with Michi that this coloured 'Jusbertii' is something very special.

Normally, 'Jusbertii' has to be pollinated with "Non-Jusbertii" pollen like Echinopsis to make seeds. But interestingly, plants coming from these seeds are 100% identical with the mother 'Jusbertii'. So the Echinopsis pollen is somehow needed to induce seed setting, but doesn’t contribute to the offspring with its genetic material, a process called pseudogamy in biology. On the other hand, 'Jusbertii' pollen is unable to fertilize Echinopsis flowers, at least I haven’t heard of any case where this undoubtedly had happened.

The origin of 'Jusbertii' is still unclear. It is believed to be a hybrid from a cross between a Harrisia and an Echinopsis, perhaps E. eyriesii, but it hasn’t been proved for certain jet.

I wish you good luck with your crosses and hope that some of the seeds will find their way to Germany somewhen.
    :psb20::psb20::psb20:

Regards,
    Sven