A confused qustion about the Grafted Papageno

• Hello every friends, here is a question about the grafting, would you mind have a look?:cwm71:
    Thank you for visit this theme. We are really happy for that.

My friend Wuyexiao (this is his ID in the hybridenforum) has grafted one Papageno buds on the Hylocereus. Looking very interesting. How do you think it? He is confused by the unknown buds, not cutting head, he think it cannot be a branching, but flower bud is also unthinkable.
    So would you mind telling me your idea, I will tell you the final result, we really appreciate your reply.

Best regards/ Schönste Grüß :psb04:
    Wuyexiao and Bravo

BTW I think the Papageno is a combine of Tr and EH, it has the flower of Tr and body of EH. On the other hand, Wuyexiao has 33 kinds of Shick hybrids and many primitive Lobivia and Echinioohsis, none grafted Cacti blooms in such a small size.
    And it is grown in Xianyou Country, Fujian Province,25N there is much hotter that German, now temperature is higher than 27 degrees.

Size initial: less that 1.5 Cm? Photo 2/ Foto2
    Size now: Less 3CM/1.2 inches in diameter (DRM) Photo 1/Foto1
    Time: Grafted later that 05/26/2013
    Photo 1: 06/23/2013
    Photo 2: 22/05/2013

• Hello Yunhan Zheng,
    normally, the meristeme (these are the cells at top of the plant, that are able to divide into new cells) produces a hormone, that inhibits the lower areoles from producing offshoots. In your case, the top of the scion is yellow, so I think, it got sunburn, and so the meristeme is not in good condition, and doesn't produce enough hormone to keep the apical dominance. The result is, that some of the lower areoles produce new offshoots. I don't think, that these are flower buds. But wait a week or two, and you will see, what kind the buds are.