I'm not new here but...

• I use this forum passively, trying to learn from you by translating with internet.

I don't know why but I feel many times that I'm not fully accepted as a member here. For what reason I don't know. Can it be:

That I didn't do a proper introduction of myself?
    That I don't speak German? (harder to communicate with me)
    Am I excluded deliberately because I'm not a member (anymore) in AG?
    Have I broke any informal rules, didn't show enough respect for people here?

I'm quite an "odd" figure here, where I live, because of my burning interest for a hobby I'm almost alone doing (growing these hybrids). I've joined here long time ago, was euphoric to find "my alikes" but I never managed to become one of you (Sweden has no tradition of growing cactus, we buy them for our children only, people think that every succulent plant is a cactus here).

My webpage, a public gallery for echinopsis hybrids isn't used by many of you. Even though someone wrote that this is a great page and "we" (hybridenforum) could put this link here on the forum, it didn't happen (I have no links myself either, this can be one explanation). My gallery has no commercial interests, merely a passion for this hobby made me create it as a reference ...

Here is a late introduction of me:

I'm male, 45, father of 3, grandfather of 5, been mostly working as a cook. Married since this summer with Gabriella 45 (from Romania), who share my passion (for plants and cacti in general). I've been growing these plants for approx 10 years (didn't know there were hybrids of echinopsis until I've found huntingtons site with the Schicks offered). I've just finished constructing a +160 square meters greenhouse (there are still details to fix inside the house though).

Thank you all who has "seen me" already!

• Hi Morgan,

thank you for your "late" introduction. It helps a lot to get familiar here in the forum.

Nevertheless I don't think, any of your listed points is the reason for not communicating with you. Okay, perhaps the language may be a handicap for some of the users. Your English is very good, while e. g. mine is rather poor. Sometimes there is rather less to answer:cwm57:

First of all congratulation to your great - better large - greenhouse. 160 m² is such a lot of space, that we can only dream about. I guess you'll need a lot of energy for heating during the long winter period?

You seem to be interested in HWHs? I like them very much, too, but have no experience in crossing them with EHs or others. In fact my plants are rather young offsets which didn't flower until now.

You talk about your homepage. I couldn't find it yet. Is it the one on the Echinopsis Gallery and are you "that PCJ"?:) Why don't you put the link of your homepage into your profile? So we can find it under "Kontaktinformationen". You can also start an own "Album" here in this forum. Just click on "Alle Alben" in the blue line above and then on "Album hinzufügen".

Well, I hope I could make you feel a little bit better with my answer.:) Feel free to talk with us about our hobby and for sure anybody will talk to you, too. I'm always happy to get contact to people in foreign countries to share my hobby with.

LG (means: Dear regards:cwm71:)
    Elke

• Hello, Morgan

I also use the translation programme...

There are in the forum though a lot of coreaders, but not so many people contributions answer. This deals nothing with you... I write only seldom with the translation programme because the text is translated not properly. Pity that you are able to do no German, otherwise more people would answer to you certainly.

I am for 2 years also no AG member more. But that is not that one must be in the AG around actively cacti here to breed.

Echinopsis and particularly Pseudolobivia are my head breeding aim.

Greeting Jürgen Th.

• Hi Morgan, welcome on the forum. Its always difficult to get in touch with people if you write in another language, you know? Not everyone speaks english and the ones who do are sometimes concerned that they come across stupidly if they make translational mistakes. So im sure it doesnt have anything to do with you personally that you sometimes feel not 100 percent accepted. There are some english boards for example that dont even allow diffrent languages than their own so im actually pretty glad that markus allows foreign people to participate in english. Personally, im pretty international too so im happy to get in contact with people from other countries so im very glad to see you around here! So enjoy your stay and i really hope to see you posts more oftenly in the future! We dont bite. Well, at least most of us. :)

Btw, nice greenhouse! Looks like you still got some space to fill... ;-)

• Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

I feel much more welcome now!

It's a pity that I don't know the German language, there is so much information to find written in this language!

The nickname "PCJ" is not me on echinopsis gallery, this nickname belongs to Peter Cupial-Jones from UK. My name on the gallery is "Morgan".

Unfortunately the PM-system doesn't work anymore, it's not updated together with the gallery software (the PM-system is a plugin that is no longer supported by the creator).

About heating this big greenhouse: I can not afford heating it now, maybe in the future. So I will take all plants inside the house (we have 7 rooms and don't use the bottom floor during winter, so there is a lot of space and it's quite cold since I turn down the radiators there). I will wait with bringing the plants inside til it gets colder, maybe in november. The cover is 32mm polycarbonate sheets.

I will write more later. I will try to be a more active user now!

Thank you again!

PS. my homepage is http://echinopsis.eu
    (Echinopsis Gallery), please use it if you feel like! Maximum resolution of photos is 1700 pixels. There is also clickable info-fields below the photos which makes it possible to view eg all plants from father "Erfolg" (if you click the "father" info-field etc).