Beiträge von sourvibes

Hello Andreas,

lately the forum has switched the certification authority (the provider of the certificate) to Let's Encrypt, which is free but a little more difficult to manage.

It may be necessary to acquire a certificate with two SAN ("hybridenforum.de" and "www.hybridenforum.de") or either to acquire two certificates, one for "hybridenforum.de" and one for "www.hybridenforum.de".

The problem is pretty much that.

In letzter Zeit hat das Forum die Zertifizierungsstelle (den Anbieter des Zertifikats) auf Let's Encrypt umgestellt, was kostenlos, aber etwas schwieriger zu verwalten ist.

Es kann erforderlich sein, ein Zertifikat mit zwei SAN ("hybridenforum.de" und "www.hybridenforum.de") oder zwei Zertifikate zu erwerben, eines für "hybridenforum.de" und eines für "www.hybridenforum.de".

Das Problem ist so ziemlich das. (google translate)

Regards,

Fabio

I think the trouble lies in the certificate: it is released for the address "hybridenforum.de" but the forum uses "www.hybridenforum.de"

Ich denke, das Problem liegt im Zertifikat: Es ist für die Adresse "hybridenforum.de" freigegeben, aber das Forum verwendet "www.hybridenforum.de". (google translate)

Fabio

Hi Erich

thank you for your answer.

I know that from the crossing of two species I will get hybrids. The father plant evidently was not from a selected line, and it really seems that I was expecting too much uniformity...

I will take this into account next time.

Fabio

I'll try to clarify.

I pollinated my Chamaecereus silvestrii (mother), with the plant you see in the first picture, which i thought was a botanical species (Lobivia sublimiflora).

I obtained 7 plants whose body looks identical, which seemed to confirm the hypothesis (the F1 from two botanical species should look pretty much the same).

But then they started to flower and showed different characteristics: different petals shape...

Enrico This made me wonder if the father was really a pure botanical species.

The most striking for me was the second child; so I was asking if this variation was a symptom of an hybrid parent.

My knowledge in the hybrid field is mostly theoretical, it is the first time I had a number of plants to compare.

muddyliz I will wait for the plant with the fuzzy flower to mature.

I will be more cautious with my conclusions.

By the way, yesterday another one flowered.

Many thanks,

Fabio

P.S. this thread is becoming more on the hybrids than on the parent plant... maybe is becoming off topic in this section.

Dear friends,

I'm asking for an advice on a plant identification; I had this plant for a long time, so long that I don't remember where and when i bought it.

I always thought that it was a Lobivia sublimiflora (or whatever it was the correct name at any time) now known as Echinopsis densispina v. sublimiflora.

But lately i tried to cross it with my omnipresent plain Chamaecereus silvestrii. The plants i obtained have all the same appearance, but then two of the plants bore flowers, they were quite different.

I'm asking if you think that this difference if sufficient to assume that the father plant is an hybrid.

Father

Child 1

Child 2

Thanks,

Fabio

Hello Bianca,

I have a Lobivia tenuispina which has a body very similar to your plant, and its flowers are scented!

Maybe this plant is involved in the parentage...

Best regards,

Fabio

Ciao Jutta,

io abito a Roma; here the weather permits to live off without a real greenhouse (I use a terrace covered with polycarbonate, repaired from north wind).

Il tuo italiano è decisamente migliore del mio tedesco, io non conosco una parola... No! Grazie a Pieks e Patrick ora ne conosco due : D.

Grazie a tutti,

Fabio

Hello,

my name is Fabio, I'm 41 and I'm from Italy.

I'm very much interested in Echinopsis and the related genera. Lately I started to cross-pollinate some of my botanical species for fun, but now I'm very caught.

I started to observe the forum as a guest some time ago, and finally I decided to take the step.

I fear that I will not be too active in the forum due to the language barriers ... but I hope to enjoy the ride.

Best wishes,

Fabio